Monday, November 5, 2007

Sorry for the Delay in Posting ...

... I was stuck in a Metro train.

OK, not literally. I haven't been on a Metro train for 4 days, although at times, it felt like that was going to be the case.

Last week, I had to be on the Metro on Thursday evening and then for work on Friday. I don't really have any stories to tell about people during those times, everyone was pretty well behaved.

But let me 'splain something here.

Metro runs the subway. This is their job. They take the subway cars, they put them on the track, they make them go by whatever means they use to make them go, and they go from stop to stop and that's that.

Yet, Metro can't do that. The system does not work. DOES. NOT. WORK.

On three straight trips on the Metro during Thursday and Friday, I ended up in a Subway car that had to sit and wait because the one in front of it broke down. How is that possible? What are the chances? Think about it! Three in a row! I counted, it cost me 91 minutes of time. 91 fucking minutes, sitting on a Metro train, not moving anywhere, because the Metro trains do not work.

Not to mention the fact, as a friend mentioned recently in a message board discussion about the topic - the system is screwed to start with because when something breaks, there's no where to go around it. And usually, another train has to be taken out of service, with more passengers displaced, so that that train can then push the other broken train out of the way into a track switch, etc. So you basically have two trains (12-16 cars), out of commission.

And this happens every day. It happened to me three trips in a row!!! Seriously, if there is a Vegas oddsmaker reading this, I want the odds on that happening to anyone. They have to be astronomical.

So here I am, back to my blog. Finally safe and sound at home. I may have to take the Metro tomorrow afternoon.

Pray for me.

Signed,
Marc D. Rider

No comments: