Monday, October 29, 2007

A Rare Quiet Day

"So I gotta say, today was a good day," - Ice Cube.

Well, yes and no. I mean, there really isn't anyone to reference today. Although - I think, and I'm not 100% sure, but I think Mr. Annoying Coffee Slurping Man of Genius Guy sat next to me again on the MARC today.

Now, this could of course be disturbing on a number of levels, but I'll choose not to go that route for now. But the dude had the same characteristics - reading the paper, drinking his stupid coffee. But maybe he's read the blog or something, because there was no slurpage of his coffee this time, and he didn't chew the end of the coffee cup, which I think was what annoyed me more than anything else last time.

The morning Metro ride took a bit because there was a disabled train in front of us. For amusement, you should go to the Metro web site (www.wmata.com) and check out the daily service disruption reports that they post. Check out how many trains are taken out of service and/or delayed because of "door problems." This is one the news media need to get going on. I don't really know what the social significance of it is, or even the danger, but there's way too many trains suffering "door problems."

The trip home was unremarkable. Had to stand on the MARC because it was overcrowded, but the scenery was nice.

See how little comedy there is when people act normal? We can't have this.

Signed,
Marc D. Rider

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps coffee man had in fact switched to decaf...