Sunday, October 28, 2007

This Dude Done Lost the Plot

Dear Nut Job Mother ********er on the Metro,

Look, we all have problems in life. Lord knows I have my share right now. And sometimes, they are infuriating to no end. But no matter what dude, let me just hang this little piece of 411 on you ... violence isn't the answer!

So you'll understand the rest of the Metro car's concern/amusement/mixed with a little bewilderment when you stood up Friday afternoon and proclaimed that there was a woman getting paid to torment you. Dude, I didn't know you were Marv Albert. But seriously, some of us find a woman to torment us for free, usually unintentionally. But I dare say you perhaps carried it just a bit too far when you then proclaimed in a raised voice that you "should shoot every mother ********er in here," followed by a long pause, then adding, "that works for the FBI."

Now, I don't work for the FBI, so I wasn't particularly concerned that you were going to bust a cap in my ass. Hey, I watched X-Files, too, and I always thought Scully had a hotness about her. But maybe you feel differently. Hey, variety is the spice of life. But you'll forgive me and the other 12 people in the car that all skipped forward a car or two at the next stop. That way you could have your own little private tantrum and nobody would get hurt. I hope.

And maybe you should try a shot of the decaf.

Sorry. Shot. Maybe I should have used a different word. Little joke - don't kill me.

Signed,
Marc D. Rider

1 comment:

maryjanejeff said...

Dear Yellow Line Jackass:

You know who I'm talking about. I was on the 6:51 train from Huntington. At National Airport, you got on. I do not give a crap how tired you are from your night shift. I do not want to hear, the rest of the commuters don't want to hear, Joe Theismann doesn't want to hear, Marion Barry doesn't want to hear.....your bleeping cell phone / iPod / whatever the hell it was, blaring over even the squeaking of the train wheels. Turn your stupid phone off, you aren't at the 9:30 Club. Besides, I was trying to read the world-reknowned-for-journalistic-quality Express, and you were distracting me. Asshat.

I do not even pretend that I'm 1/20th as good of a writer as the author of the blog.